KPOINT Technologies Private Limited, its subsidiaries and any other directly controlled entities as may exist from time to time, hereinafter referred to as ‘KTPL’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is committed to respect your privacy and choices.
This document uses the term KTPL, we, us, our, which means the KTPL as an organization, its people (employees or contractors), vendors, sub-contractors and the processes.
KTPL is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website and in using our products and services.
This document outlines the data privacy protection policy of the KPOINT Technologies Private Limited (KTPL). It describes in details, how KTPL collects, processes and discloses information, and what choices you have with respect to the information in light of the GDPR compliance requirement.
Accuracy of information
Please make sure that any PII you share with us is accurate and up to date information. If you are sharing any PII on behalf of a third person, you should ensure that you are authorized to do so.
Information We Collect
KTPL may collect and receive customer data and other information in a variety of ways:
- Personal data. This is required for onboarding an employee and/or a contractor who shall work for KTPL. Examples are (but not limited to): First name, Last Name, Address, birth date, personal email address, Job title, workplace, Citizenship records, Background check details from law authorities. We shall not verify or authenticate such PII as provided by you.
- Customer Data. KTPL may also collect and/or generate and/or receive and/or process data as below:
- Authentication login details to sign into systems to perform duties and/or provide services to the customer.
- Log data gathered while catering services to the customer. This log data may include data elements as defined by the customer. Examples are (but not limited to) device information, location information, IP addresses etc.
- As a note referencing above data, while working or dealing or communicating with KTPL no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any customer data.
- Additional information provided to KTPL. We receive other Information when submitted to our websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with KTPL.
Consent and Withdrawal
KTPL ensures to obtain the consent from the entity or subject, either in written form or electronic form. While we rely on your consent to process the PII, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by KTPL in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the customer agreement and customer’s use of services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Depending upon the nature of business, services, and tasks to be performed as a part of service agreements, KTPL may either be a data processor or data controller. Below are various reasons that may prompt KTPL either to be a processor or a controller of the collected data.
- To provide services and business operations.
- To adhere to the law, legal processes or regulations.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions, as either a part of formal communication or the support.
- To send emails and other electronic communications.
- For tasks such as, but not limited to, billing, finance, legal and all other administration related tasks.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
We process PII Data when you visit our website:
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information;
- To provide customer feedback and support;
- Providing you with information and offers from us about our product;
- To support recruitment inquiries.
KTPL may retain the customer data in accordance with the customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the customer agreement and customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
This information may include keeping your various data elements, even after the customer discontinues services and makes the contract voids. This is because KTPL finds it essential to comply with various information security audits, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and work with law enforcement agencies.
KTPL is committed to lawful, fair and transparent processing of all PII about our employees, customers, suppliers and other third parties during the course of business activities. KTPL takes the security of data very seriously and works very hard to protect it. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the data we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. KTPL has deployed latest and standardized electronic equipment, information technology network, computing hardware and software for data protection that is monitored on a continuous basis to achieve round the clock information security assurance. KTPL, however, cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. Although we provide appropriate firewalls and protections, we cannot warrant the security of any PII transmitted as these systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, technical issues is possible, and we assume no liability or responsibility for it. You are required to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your PII.
How We Share and Disclose Information
This section describes how KTPL may share and disclose Information. Customers of KTPL determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of the data, and KTPL does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
KTPL may solely share and disclose customer data in accordance with a customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the customer agreement and customer’s use of services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
KTPL may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process the obtained information, as a part of business functionality. In such cases, KTPL shall treat these third-party companies as sub-processors and shall impose continuance of data privacy and security on them, via a formal contract and clear communication.
To the extent permitted by law, KTPL may share your PII with agents, contractors, consultants or partners, in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for KTPL. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for KTPL, or services for the collaboration in which they and KTPL are engaged.
International Data Transfers
As a part of service delivery, KTPL may transfer your PII data to countries other than the one in which you live.
Data Protection Officer (GDPR)
KTPL takes data privacy and its security very seriously. KTPL will always comply with any applicable data protection legislation and will ensure that the collection and use of PII are carried out in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To that end, authoritative personnel shall always be designated as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who shall be given the authority and responsibility of information security and data privacy. The objective of such designation shall be to have a single point of contact that shall be answerable for any information security-related incident, which compromises confidentiality, integrity, availability, and privacy.
To communicate with our DPO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights in terms of GDPR
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Union, have certain statutory rights in relation to their PII data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You may contact KTPL DPO or the Customer service contact, for additional help in this matter.
Governing laws & disputes
Changes to this policy